450-500 grams of elbow pasta, cooked
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups milk
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp each paprika, granulated onion powder, and granulated garlic powder
2 tbsp honey dijon mustard
2-3 cups shredded old cheddar
1 cup shredded mozzarella
- In a medium saucepan, on medium low heat, melt butter. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk, making sure there are no lumps, whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in salt, pepper, spices and mustard.
- When the sauce is thick, turn heat off. Stir in the cheeses until melted.
- Add to cooked pasta, stir until coated. Let sit for a few minutes, then stir again. Serve immediately. Enjoy!