6 cups chicken stock
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 minced garlic clove
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp chilli garlic sauce or sriracha
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup julienned carrots
1/2 cup sliced bamboo shoots
2 ounces sliced button mushrooms
1 cup sliced soft tofu
2 green onions, sliced
1/4 cup white vinegar
Cornstarch slurry (3 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 tbsp water)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp sesame oil
- Bring stock to a light simmer.
- Add ginger, garlic, sugar, salt, pepper, chilli sauce, soy sauce, carrots, bamboo shoots, mushrooms, and tofu.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add vinegar.
- While the soup is bubbling, stir in the cornstarch slurry and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Turn heat off, and while stirring, add the egg in a steady thin stream. Stir in the sesame oil and green onions. Enjoy!