1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp homemade poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
Around a 2 pound butternut squash, peeled and diced to make around 5-6 cups
4 cups chicken stock
1 tsp lemon juice (not shown in video)
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add onion, cook for around 3-5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and turmeric.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Add the squash and stir to coat.
- Add stock and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for around 10-15 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Remove bay leaf and puree until smooth. Add optional lemon juice. Enjoy!