1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
4 minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp Jamaican curry powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 potatoes, chopped (1 1/2 pounds)
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp allspice berries (pimento)
1 cup frozen peas
- In a large pan, cook ground beef, breaking it up until almost brown.
- Add the onion and carrot. Cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the bay leaf, tomato paste, ginger, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add the spices, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the chopped potatoes, chicken stock and allspice berries.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer, covered for around 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the peas. Serve over white rice. Enjoy!