For the Beef:
1 pound thinly sliced beef sirloin or flank steak
1 t sp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt (corrected from video)
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp shoaxing wine
1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1 tbsp water
For the Sauce:
2 tsp fresh minced ginger
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tsp sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
For the stir-fry
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
the marinated beef
1 small onion, roughly chopped
1 red chili, diced
2 tbsp fermented black beans, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- In a bowl, mix beef with marinade ingredients. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
- In a small measuring glass or bowl, mix sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a large pan, or wok, heat oil. Add beef in one layer. Let it cook, not turning until browned, a few minutes.
- Add the onion, chili and fermented black beans. Mix well for about a minute.
- Add the green pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add sauce, mix, and let bubble for 2 minutes, until thickened a little. Serve over jasmine rice. Enjoy!