3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder (not mentioned in video) Decrease amount or omit if you want extremely precise edges.
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp butter flavour
1 tbsp milk
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter for a minute until smooth.
- Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg and extracts. Beat until incorporated, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Mix in the dry ingredients on low speed, in two additions. Add milk in between. Stop mixing once everything is mixed and no traces of flour.
- Split the dough into 2 discs, plastic wrap each one, and chill for about 1-2 hours, or until dough is firmed up.
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick with a little flour so it won’t stick.
- Cut out desired shapes, roughly around the same size.
- Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet for about 10-14 minutes, (depending on size of cookies) or until just slightly barley brown on edges. Decorate as desired with my royal icing recipe.