2 tbsp coconut oil
1 onion, chopped
4 minced garlic cloves
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1/4 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp coconut sugar
2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp madras curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1/2 tsp each dried thyme, cumin and turmeric
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
2 cups chopped potatoes
2 19oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil.
- Add onion. Cook for a minute.
- Add chili flakes, garlic and ginger. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add sugar, salt, pepper and spices. Stir well.
- Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Add the stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Add the chickpeas. Lower heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, around 15-20 minutes. If you want it thicker, simmer uncovered for another few minutes.
- Mix in the lemon juice and cilantro. Serve over basmati rice. Enjoy!