3 pounds yellow potatoes, chopped
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup stock or water from boiled potatoes
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil mashed potatoes in salted water for around 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain and put back in pot on very low heat.
- While potatoes are boiling, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic, stock and milk, salt and pepper.
- When potatoes are back in pot, mash them with potato masher, then add the milk mixture, continue to mash.
- Mash in the sour cream and olive oil. You can also use and immersion blender, but not too long, or potatoes will turn gluey.
- Taste for seasoning. Enjoy!