Half a batch of my double pie crust
Pie weights or dried beans or rice
- Roll out pie crust to around a 12 inch round. Place in a 9 inch-is plate.
- Cut excess if any and crimp edges.
- Put a piece of parchment or foil inside, covering the pie crust.
- Pour the pie weights or beans on top of the foil. Bake the shell at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Take the pie out, remove the foil with the pie weights.
- Prick the bottom of the crust with a fork all over and pot back in oven for another 8 minutes. Let cool.
- It’s now ready to put a filling in. Enjoy!
You can use this for my sausage pie recipe.