1 lb ground beef
1/2 tsp homemade Arabic spice mix
1/4 tsp each coriander and cumin
1 tbsp sea salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups diced potatoes
1 cup passata (strained tomato puree)
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
4 cups frozen green peas
- In pot, brown the ground beef and break it up.
- When almost fully browned, add the onions and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, spices, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the potatoes and the passata. Mix until everything is well coated.
- Pour in the stock and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add the green peas. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Serve over white rice. Enjoy!