In the winter months, all I want to eat is soups and stews. It’s pure comfort food. And healthy too!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 onion, chopped
2 carrrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1/4 tsp sugar
1 bay leaf
1 rosemary sprig
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
4 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 tbsp pesto
1 796ml can whole tomatoes with liquid, crushed by hand
1 large potato, chopped
2 cans romano or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
3/4 tsp pepper
6 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup macaroni
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat butter and oil in pot.
- Add onion. Cook for about 4-5 minutes
- Add celery, carrot and sugar. 3-5 minutes
- Add the bay leaf, rosemary sprig and Italian seasoning. Stir.
- Add the garlic and pesto. Stir.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, potato and beans. Stir together.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the stock and bring to boil.
- Add the macaroni, and cook for around 5 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and parsley. Stir, and enjoy!