My kids always ask for this soup, it’s comforting, especially when they are sick. So simple, yet so tasty!
1 tbsp unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp sugar
2 cups passata (strained tomatoes)
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup of alphabet past, or any tiny pasta, such as the stars I used
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- In a pot, melt butter. Add garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Add in spices, salt, pepper, sugar, and bay leaf-(bay leaf is not pictured in video.)
- Add the tomatoes. Stir well. Add the stock. Boil, add pasta, and lower heat and cover.
- Cook for around 6 minutes.
- Add olive oil and parmesan cheese. Turn off heat. Stir. Cover and let sit for one minute.
- Uncover, stir again, and serve with more parmesan cheese. Enjoy!