There is nothing better than hot chocolate during the holidays!!
3 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup cream
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp expresso powder
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a pot, heat milk and cream.
- Add the cocoa powder, expresso powder and salt. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Add in the white and dark chocolate chips. Turn off heat.
- Cover and let sit for 1 min.
- Stir until smooth and chocolate is all melted.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Enjoy!
If desired, you can stir in some crushed candy cane to make it peppermint hot chocolate. YUM! Once the candy cane melts in there, it’s a perfect peppermint hot chocolate!