8 chicken cutlets
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup of flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup Italian style seasoned breadcrumbs 1/4-1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp Italian seasoning
Grapeseed oil for frying
Homemade tomato sauce recipe link here: http://www.iftheovenmittfits.com/2018/07/05/homemade-tomato-sauce/
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Directions: 1. Season chicken with salt and pepper
2. Set up 3 shallow bowls. Add flour to one, eggs to the second one and breadcrumb mixture to the third.
3. Dredge chicken in flour, on both sides, shaking off excess, then dip in egg mixture, then in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with all the chicken, and set aside in fridge for about 10-15 min.
4. In pan, heat enough oil to cover all the bottom, about 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan. 5. Fry chicken on both sides until golden brown colour, about 2-3 min on each side, depending on the thickness.
6. Drain on paper towel or rack.
7. Place chicken in casserole dish in one layer. Spread tomato sauce on, then shredded mozzarella, and finish with s sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Repeat with all the pieces.
8. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for about 10 min. The broil yo brown cheese about 3-4 min. Serve over pasta with homemade tomato sauce. Enjoy!