We love this spicy dip in our house! My kids especially. This is my husband’s creation inspired by an Egyptian eggplant casserole! This is a great appetizer, a really good snack, or with breakfast, lunch or dinner! Enjoy!
1 Medium Eggplant
2 Tbsp of Grapeseed oil
3 garlic cloves
3 green finger chilies
1 cup tomato purée
11/2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp kosher or sea salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Place Eggplant in steamer. Steam until fork tender, around 30 min or more.
2. In food processor, blend the garlic and chilies.
3. When Eggplant is almost cooked, heat oil in a separate pan. Add the garlic and chilies purée and sauté on medium heat until fragrant.
4. Add tomato purée and stir.
5. Stir in the vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the eggplant and mash with a fork until fully incorporated.
6. Chill for a couple of hours, then enjoy!